An Investment Plan is NOT a Retirement Plan.
Start with the hard facts:
- Be realistic about what your assets will return. Given the economy and if you’re 50 + there’s no time to become a George Soros or Warren Buffet.
- Think differently about money and lifestyles. The income and the way you spend have to be in alignment.
- Understand “safe haven” investments and how they work. That includes annuities. Make sure you take your retirement portfolio “out of play, off the table and out of the casino”.
- Take charge of your own financial future. Don’t rely on government to do it. What’s here today is frequently gone tomorrow.
- Be informed about today’s financial, tax and legal options that affect you and keep up to date. They change every day.
- You don’t have to earn 70% of your pre retirement income to be happy. With some cost and income control, you will have a comfortable retirement and will sleep at night.
- Think about long term care before you are in crisis. (There’s a good chance you won’t need it).
- Now plan your work and work your plan.